PERTH AMBOY, NJ–On Thursday night at the 2010 GMCBCA Senior All-Star Game, GMC Hoops received information from East Brunswick Head Coach, Bo Henning about the upcoming East Brunswick Team Camp. The East Brunswick Basketball High School Team Week will run from June 21st to June 24th, 2010 at both East Brunswick High School and Hammarskjold Middle School. Here are the particulars:
- Each Team will play two games per night.
- Games will be played on the Main Courts only–Two full courts at each school.
- Cost remains $450.00 per team.
- Limited to the first 16 teams to respond.
- Two working officials per game.
For more information, Call Bo Henning at either (732)-613-6936 (work), (732)-920-2581 (home), or (732)-606-7691 (cell). Coach Henning can also be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax (732)-613-6931.
NEPTUNE, NJ–On Tuesday, GMC Hoops received information from Joe Stein of the HoopGroup that the annual Hoop Group Headquarters Spring League is starting early this year. Usually, this league starts toward the end of April, but this year, the scheduled start date has been moved up to March 29th. So far, two teams from the GMC have committed including Monroe and South River. However, there are still two more sports left for teams that are interested. Here are the particulars:
- Monday Nights
- Starts 3/29
- Eight games guaranteed for each team
- Game times at 6, 7, 8, or 9
- Cost: $600/team, $650 w/ jerseys
For further information, please contact Joe Stein at either (732)-897-3196, or email@example.com.
EDISON, NJ–On Wednesday afternoon, GMC Hoops received word from the folks at the Sports Zone Fitness Center on Carter Drive in Edison that they will be running both Spring Boys and Girls Basketball Leagues. There will also be two age groups: High School and 4th and 8th Grade. Prices will be $650.00 per team. Here are the particulars:
- 10 Games Guaranteed.
- Professional Referees.
- Flexible Scheduling.
- Each Team Must Provide 1 Scorekeeper Per Game.
- League Starts April 10th.
- All Games Played at Sport Zone Fitness Center.
For more information please contact the Sports Zone Fitness Center at either (732)-650-1224, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOUTH AMBOY, NJ–On Wednesday morning, GMC Hoops received word from Raritan Bay Summer League co-director, Tom Reilly, that there will be another season of hoops at South Amboy High School this summer. The league is tentatively scheduled to run from late May to August 5th. Teams from grades 3 through 10 are invited to compete. The grade of the player should reflect what that player will be enrolled in come September. Costs have yet to be determined, but each team will play a minimum ten games in the season. Here are more particulars on the league.
Raritan Bay Summer League Rules
- 20 minute running half’s with the clock stopping in the final 2 minutes of
- 5 time-outs per game.
- Rosters will not be accepted. We fully understand with vacations, baseball,
swimming etc… no one will be held to a roster.
- All games will be played at the air-conditioned South Amboy High School gym.
- 4 games will be played each night with the first game beginning at 5:30 pm.
- Admission will be charged for all spectators.
- Light refreshments including the world famous Lange Dogs will be sold.
- All teams should have same colored shirts with numbers.
For more information, please contact Tom Reilly at email@example.com.
PERTH AMBOY, NJ–On Thursday night, GMC Hoops will travel up to Perth Amboy High School to see the finale of the 2009-10 season. Like last year, there will be three games:
- GMCBCA Senior Girls All-Star Game–6:00 PM
- GMCBCA Coaches vs. Cancer–after Girls game and before Boys Game
- GMCBCA Senior Boys All-Star Game–8:00 PM
Admission will be $6.00 for Adults and $3.00 for Students and Senior Citizens. $1 from each admission will go toward the Coaches vs. Cancer Fund while the remainder will go toward the Gene Haley Scholarship Fund. Download the game program as well as look at the rosters for the Girls Game and Boys Game.
PERTH AMBOY, NJ–On Thursday Night, the GMC Girls will wrap up another action packed season with the annual showcase, the 2010 GMCBCA Senior All-Star Game at Perth Amboy High School. A total of 32 players from 23 member schools were selected, and 30 of them will compete in the contest. Below are the rosters for the Home Team (White Uniforms) and Visiting Team (Black Uniforms).
Home Team (White Uniforms)
Coaches: Jim McCarthy–J.P. Stevens and John Moyer–Woodbridge
- Jessica Casaldoc–East Brunswick Tech
- Linda Sollecito–East Brunswick
- Jamia Hope–Edison
- Meagan Callender–J.P. Stevens
- Erin Arroyo–Perth Amboy
- Amanda Vasquez–Woodbridge Tech
- Jasmine Braxton–Piscataway Tech
- Kristen Bennett–East Brunswick
- Jewell Palmer–Woodbridge
- Katie Jannson–South Brunswick
- Caryn Engel–South Brunswick
- Raven Gerald–Piscataway
- Inayah Williams–Piscataway
- Padgy Payano–Perth Amboy
Note: –Also selected, but could not play were: Jen Patterson (Old Bridge) and Erica Solorazano (Old Bridge).
Visiting Team (Black Uniforms)
Coaches: Kevin Brady–Spotswood and Deana Cuozzo–Colonia
- Chelsea Cimilluca–Colonia
- Altoinette Carrothers–Colonia
- Jasmine Phelps–North Brunswick
- Colleen Duffy–Spotswood
- Melissa Kukoda–Spotswood
- Lauren Deverin–Bishop Ahr
- Catherine Kirbos–Bishop Ahr
- Kristen Hansen–Cardinal McCarrick
- Katie Muglia–South Plainfield
- Cheyenne Grant–Sayreville
- Ivettelis Castro–Carteret
- Stacy Carr–Metuchen
- Anwaar Zaher–Middlesex
- Daisha Easterling–New Brunswick
- Siobhan McLaughlin–South River
PERTH AMBOY, NJ–On Thursday Night, the GMC Boys will wrap up another action packed season with the annual showcase, the 2010 GMCBCA Senior All-Star Game at Perth Amboy High School. A total of 34 players from 22 member schools were selected, and 30 of them will compete in the contest. Below are the rosters for the Home Team (White Uniforms) and Visiting Team (Black Uniforms).
Home Team (White Uniforms)
Coaches: Bob Turco–Monroe and Dave Turco–St. Joseph’s
- Yamir Caroo–Edison
- Andrew Morgan–St. Joseph’s
- Craig Thomas–Cardinal McCarrick
- Mauro Tucci–East Brunswick
- Mark Gibson–North Brunswick
- Justin Williams–Colonia
- Evan Carberry–Metuchen
- Homer James–East Brunswick Tech
- Kenny Pace–Monroe
- Eric Peterson–St. Joseph’s
- Morece Isaac–Cardinal McCarrick
- Timmy Brix–Monroe
- Cody Pace–Spotswood
Note: –Also selected, but could not play were: Steve Rennard (St. Joseph’s), Rasheed Howard (J.F. Kennedy), Jose Enger (Woodbridge), and Tyler Abad (Old Bridge).
Visiting Team (Black Uniforms)
Coaches: Bernie Buniak–Dunellen and Dennis O’Keefe–Bishop Ahr
- Tarif Jackson–Sayreville
- Miles Colmon–East Brunswick
- Simuel Williams–New Brunswick
- Jarrell Smith–Sayreville
- Jorge Cedeno–Perth Amboy
- Nick Callas–Metuchen
- Shaquille Jackson–Carteret
- Adam Wells–Middlesex
- Joe Charmello–South Amboy
- Darius Griffin–Bishop Ahr
- Jonard Hall–Dunellen
- Kevin Lantz–East Brunswick
- Manny Kroggmann–Bishop Ahr
- Tyler Osofsky–Spotswood
- Shawn Fenton–South River
Note: Also selected, but could not play were: Joe Marciano (J.F. Kennedy) and Jimmy Gaffigan (Old Bridge).
Here is a photo slideshow of some of the action in the semifinals of the Non-Public A South State Tournament between St. Joseph’s and Camden Catholic. For the fourth time since 2001, St. Joe’s fell to Camden Catholic in the state tournament, 62-59 despite 23 points from Andrew Morgan. It was the fourth time in five years that the Falcons ended their season in the Non-Public A Semifinals. Property and All Rights Reserved/belongs to GMC Hoops (and Marlo Williamson). Enjoy the slideshow.
Here is a photo slideshow of some of the action from the Quarterfinal round game between CBA and St. Joseph’s in the 2010 Non-Public A South Semifinals. The Falcons got a huge performance from senior reserve, Nick Contino, who had 14 points including four three pointers in a 60-49 victory. Prior to this season, St. Joe’s lost to CBA three times in the previous four seasons in the semifinal round. Property and All Rights Reserved/belongs to GMC Hoops (and Marlo Williamson). Enjoy the slideshow.
Here is a slideshow of photos taken from some of the action at the 2010 Greater Middlesex Conference Tournament that took place this past Sunday between top seeded St. Joseph’s and second seeded Monroe. St. Joe’s jumped out to a 25-7 first quarter lead, and was never really threatened after that in a 65-45 victory for its fourth ever county/conference title. Sophomore Quenton DeCosey led all scorers with 18 points while Andrew Morgan chipped in with 17 and Steve Rennard added 14. Property and All Rights Reserved/belongs to GMC Hoops (and Marlo Williamson). Enjoy the photos.